- Civil Society Observatory on Administration of Criminal Justice in Nigeria member and Enugu State Partner with CLEEN Foundation under the project on Effective Implementation of Administration Criminal Justice Act (ACJA)-1 in Nigeria of the CLEEN Foundation with support with MacArthur Foundation promoting effective implementation of ACJA in Nigeria (2017-2018).
- Observation and Documentation of Corruption related Cases and Court Proceedings in Enugu States in partnership with CLEEN Foundation under the project on Effective Implementation of Administration Criminal Justice Act (ACJA)-2 in Nigeria of the CLEEN Foundation with support with MacArthur Foundation (2018-till date).
- Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) CSOs/NHRC coordinating member in Enugu State in partnership with Coffey International (2018-till date).
Our Current Programmes and Initiatives
- Don’t Punish Campaign in partnership with International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC), UK and West Africa Drug Policy Network (WADPN), Ghana with support from Open Society Initiative for West Africa and West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI), Ghana promoting drug law and policy reform in Nigeria (2015-till date).
- National Problematic Drug Use Survey. Regional coordination of the national drug use survey project in Abia, Anambra and Imo States in partnership with Center for Research and on Substance Abuse (CRISA), UNODC and Federal Government of Nigeria with support from EU (2017)
- West Africa Drug Policy Network (WAPDN) Nigeria. Coordinating the national programmes of the Network in Nigeria on drug law and policy reform in Nigeria and across the West Africa. AFRILAW is the national secretariat of WAPDN-Nigeria.
- Nigeria Civic Charter Campaign in partnership and support from International Civil Society Centre (ICSC), Germany promoting civic space and citizen participation in democratic process in Nigeria (2018).
- Justice 2015 Campaign for Inclusion of Justice in Post 2015 Development Agenda in partnership with Global Legal Empowerment Network/Namati: Innovation for Legal Empowerment, USA, and Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) (2014-2915)
- Nigeria SDG 16 Campaign in partnership with TAP Network, Together 2030 and Global Legal
Empowerment Network/Namati (2016-till date).
- Remedy is the Reason Campaign of the OECD Watch Network. AFRILAW is a member of the OECD Watch Network participating in the campaign in partnership with the OECD Watch Network and SOMO, The Netherland (2015-till date).
- ‘Equator Banks, Act!’ Campaign. AFRILAW is a Core Group member of the Equator Principles Association (EPA) Campaign in partnership with BankTrack, the Netherland (2017-till date).
- Access to Corporate Justice and Grievance Mechanism Campaign. AFRILAW is a member of the International Advocates Working Group (IAWG) promoting access to corporate justice and grievance/accountability mechanisms for poor and vulnerable communities in partnership with Accountability Counsel and IAWG, USA(2016-till date).
- Human Rights in Development Financing Campaign AFRILAW is a member of Coalition for Human Rights in Development, USA promoting corporate accountability and respect of human rights by international financial institutions (World Bank/AfDB/NDB/IMF)(2016-till date).
- Human Rights Defenders in Development Campaign AFRILAW is a member of Global Human Rights Defenders in Development Campaign Advisory Committee promoting protection of human rights defenders working in corporate accountability within the international financial institutions in partnership with CEE Bankwatch, Hungary (2018).
- Monitoring Implementation of Development Projects in Nigeria (Fellow the Project) Project using the Early Warning System (EWS) in partnership with International Accountability Project (IAP) (2018).
- Promoting Private Security Governance in Nigeria and across Africa as a member of the Private Security Governance Observatory Steering Committee in partnership and Geneva Center for Security Sector Governance (DCAF), Switzerland in partnership with Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). Implementing Baselines Assessment on Private Security Governance in Nigeria Project in collaboration Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and Private Security Governance Observatory supported by DCAF (2018-2019).
- Promoting Effective Policing in Nigeria as a member of Enugu State NHRC/CSOs Coordinating Committee for Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) in partnership with Coffey International, Nigeria (2018 till date).
Research and Evaluation of Nexuses of the Exploitation of Water in African Law (RENEWAL) Project for Nigeria in partnership and support from Center for Water Security and Cooperation (CWSC) and International Association for Water Law (AIDA), USA (2018-till date).
- Engaging Men and Boys for Gender Justice through the Men United for Gender Justice in Nigeria Initiative (MenUnited) of AFRILAW in partnership and support from DFID/UkAid Voices for Change Programme (2015-2017).
- Facilitating Enabling Growth and Access for Women and Girls in Enugu (ENGAGE) as the State Independent Consultant in partnership and support from DFID/UkAid Voices for Change Programme in collaboration with Enugu State Ministry of Gender Affairs(2016-2017).
- Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women and Key Populations in the South-East region of Nigeria in partnership with Lawyers Alert and Coalition of Lawyers for Human Rights (COLAHR) with support from Amplify Change, UK. AFRILAW is regional coordinating office of COLAHR). Project activities include legal aid services, awareness-raising and capacity building (2018 -2019).